Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- As a part of the submission process, authors are required to check their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and the author's guidelines and submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines will be returned to the authors.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it submitted before in another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word (doc or docx) including Title page, Abstract, Keywords, Manuscript body, Acknowledgments, conflicts of interest, tables, and figures. Tables, Figures, and Graphs will be also submitted as supplementary files.
The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal.
GMJ complies with the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE) recommendations.
please, read these recommendations before submission
- The authors’ full contribution to the article and declaration that the authors mentioned in the manuscript are the only contributors.
- Due to the costs for the scientific editing of each paper (including language, technical, and copy editing) which are paid by the journal, authors are not permitted to withdraw the paper after it passes the peer review process and goes through the editing process unless they admit to pay the costs which will be informed by the editor at that time.
Before submitting your manuscript to a journal you may wish to have it professionally edited, particularly if English is not your first language. This is not a mandatory step but may help to ensure that the academic content of your paper is fully understood by journal editors and reviewers.
GMJ neither endorses nor takes responsibility for these services, which are provided by commercial, for-profit companies.
There are other specialist language editing companies that offer similar services.
Language editing using these services does not restrict you from submitting your manuscript to a journal published by GMJ, nor does it guarantee that your manuscript will be accepted for publication in one of our academic journals.
Authors wishing to make use of these services should follow the links to the specific websites for more information. Each provider will handle all aspects of this service, including payment
Medical Idea is a forum for ideas in medicine and related biomedical sciences. It will publish interesting and important theoretical papers that foster the diversity and debate upon which the scientific process thrives.
Submitted manuscripts will be reviewed by the Editor and external reviewers to ensure their scientific merit. All reviewers will be fully aware of the Aims and Scope of the Journal and will be judging the premise, originality and plausibility of the hypotheses submitted.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgment of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgment of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
The names and email addresses entered in the journal website will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.